I am one of those lucky people: my passion and work are one and the same!
The innovativity with which my colleagues describe me today, all started years ago at home. My parents, being quite conservative, were not keen on me having a personal computer in my room. Being a bit stubborn towards them and very driven towards technology, I went around this by building my own computer piece by piece in the drawer underneath my bed. I enjoyed creating and maintaining websites for sharing photos with friends, long before Facebook and Instagram. This went unnoticed by my parents for years and I had all the time in the world to better my skills.
After high school, this hobby became a career. With lots of Microsoft certificates in the pocket, I began working as an IT professional. Automation is my cornerstone, a skill that has proved useful again and again in the everchanging world of technology. This constant innovation motivates my endless curiosity to this day. Through study and experience, I started out by gaining knowledge on the field of infrastructure. At previous employers I have worked for years with a focus on this, in both Cloud Service Provider (CSP) and enterprise environments.
The demand for such full-service support in digital transformation is growing fast. That is where my current employer, InSpark, operates. With creative ideas and impactful innovations, we transform organizations using Microsoft cloud technology.
In recent years, cybersecurity has become more and more important. I have always been extremely interested in this field of work and used this growing demand as a springboard to specialize myself in an extra discipline. With several highly rated certificates such as CISSP, CEH and CCSP, I am the co-owner of InSparks internal Cyber Security Expert Team. In this role I get to share my knowledge with colleagues and pioneer all the new and exciting possibilities within the field. My drive is to always be one step ahead. Therefore, I participate in several Microsoft Private Preview Programs. I help them develop their newest technologies and the experience I gather by testing their software, lends me to implement this for our customers as soon as it is launched.
In my primary function as Cyber Security consultant with and Infrastructure background at InSpark, my passion is combining these two disciplines. I use my solid foundation of knowledge and experience in both fields daily to work for and with our clients. I can offer them the most out of the rich security technology portfolio Microsoft has to offer, because of my unique combination of expertise.
I am also actively involved in various networks and initiatives that are committed to more diversity and inclusion in the IT sector. I think it is important to share my knowledge and experience with others interested in a career in IT, especially with people who are underrepresented in this sector. I believe that a diverse and inclusive IT sector can deliver more innovation, creativity and quality. I also learn a lot from the people I meet in these networks and initiatives, and I appreciate the different perspectives and insights they offer me. I am proud to be part of this community that strives for a better IT sector for everyone.
A couple of years after saying “I do!” to my wife, her wearing the most beautiful wedding dress ever, we moved to Waddinxveen (the Netherlands). This is where we live now, with our five cats and dog.
I have experienced and appreciate the benefits of working from home in recent years. And I can honestly say I do enjoy working with a cat on my lap, and my wife always somewhere around me. Fully focused on my projects until she reminds me how many hours have passed and that it’s time for one of my other passions, for example having a nice evening barbecue together in our garden.
- CISSP (2017)
- CCSP (2017)
- VMWare Certified Professional 5 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV) (2011)
- VMWare Certified Professional 4 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP4-DCV) (2010)
- CEH (2019)
- CCNA (2012)
- NIBE Financiële markten (2014)
- Information Security Foundation – Based on ISO/IEC 27002 (2009)
- ITIL V3 Foundation (2009)
- BiSL Foundation (2009)
- ITIL V2 Foundation (2008)
- PRINCE2 Foundation (2008)
- Microsoft Certified Power Platform Fundamentals (2023)
- Microsoft Certified Azure AI Fundamentals (2023)
- Microsoft Certified Azure Data Fundamentals (2022)
- Microsoft 365 Certified Fundamentals (2022)
- Microsoft Certified Cybersecurity Architect Expert (2022)
- Microsoft Most Valuable Professional, Security (2022)
- Microsoft 365 Certified Enterprise Administrator Expert (2022)
- Microsoft 365 Mobility and Security (2022)
- Microsoft 365 Identity and Services (2022)
- Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator Associate (2021)
- Microsoft Azure Network Engineer Associate (2021)
- Microsoft Certified Educator (2021)
- Microsoft Most Valuable Professional, Azure (2021)
- Microsoft Certified Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals (2021)
- Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert (2020)
- Microsoft Certified Azure Fundamentals (2020)
- Microsoft 365 Security Administrator Associate (2020)
- Microsoft Azure Security Engineer Associate (2019)
- Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies (2018)
- Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate (2018)
- MCSE – Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (2017)
- MCSA – Windows Server 2016 (2017)
- MCSE – Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (2016)
- MCSE – Server Infrastructure (2013)
- MCSA – Windows Server 2012 (2013)
- MCTS – System Center 2012, Monitor and Operate (2013)
- Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure (2012)
- Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure (2012)
- MCSA – Windows 7 (2012)
- MCTS – Administering and Deploying System Center 2012 Configuration Manager (2012)
- MCSE – Private Cloud (2012)
- MCSA – Windows Server 2008 Core (2012)
- MCITP – Virtualization Administrator (2012)
- MCTS – Windows Server 2008 R2, Desktop Virtualization (2012)
- MCITP – Windows Server 2008 R2, Virtualization Administrator (2011)
- MCTS – System Center Configuration Manager 2007, Configuring (2011)
- MCTS – System Center Operations Manager 2007, Configuring (2011)
- Microsoft MCTS – Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, Configuration (2010)
- MCITP – Enterprise Messaging Administrator (2010)
- MCTS – Windows Server Virtualization, Configuration (2009)
- MCITP – Enterprise Desktop Support Technician 7 (2009)
- MCITP – Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7 (2009)
- MCTS – Windows 7, Configuration (2009)
- MCITP – Enterprise Support Technician (2009)
- MCTS – Windows Vista, Configuration (2009)
- MCITP – Enterprise Administrator (2009)
- MCSE – Security on Windows Server 2003 (2009)
- MCITP – Server Administrator (2009)
- MCDBA (2008)
- MCSE – Messaging on Windows Server 2003 (2008)
- MCSE – Windows Server 2003 (2008)